REMOVED FROM MEETUP GROUP

Had an unexpected e-mail 3 weeks after my last meetup.
YOU HAVE BEEN REMOVED FROM THE GROUP LEICESTER 20s & 30s SOCIAL
I tried to contact the group organizer Ben only to discover that he had blocked my messages.

I did however spot a clue, the group had been renamed Leicester 20 to 32 social. I also noticed that a couple of peoples profiles who attended the 2 previous meets had been replaced with the words "former member".

I thought it was pathetic to change the age range of the group especially after doing 2 great nights out. If everyone had been in the 18 - 25 age range and I felt out of place I wouldn't have come back the second time. But that wasn't the case. I will reach a point one day when clubs and loud bars won't be my thing but I can decide that for myself.

I did message a couple of people to find out what was going on but the bottom line was it's Bens group, he paid to host it and there's nothing I could do. I immediately joined several other groups.




UPDATE: It wasn't bad news in the end as this group never did another meetup. The group organizer changed, 4 events were planned and they all got cancelled. That organizer stepped down and the group ceased to exist 3 months later.





Comments